Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
What you’ll do:
You will manage the flow of photography through Rivian’s creative department, with a focus on brand storytelling. From artist research and selection to art direction on productions, editing and making final selects, and coordinating with designers on final placement, you will be the keeper of all things stills, updating and expanding our roster of contributors regularly.
Description of the perfect candidate:
- You are embedded in the commercial, editorial, and fine art photography communities, are aware of trends, and strive to keep your eye original and forward-thinking.
- You have an insatiable curiosity for pushing visual styles and weaving stories together.
- You are a trusted source in the photo industry and have an excellent, genuine rapport with artists and their representatives.
- Your references are vast and varied, you love discovering new and unknown artists as much as you like collaborating with seasoned veterans.
- You also keep an eye on illustrators, painters, and other visual artists as additional resources for visual storytelling.
- Equitable representation, both in front of and behind the lens, is important to you.
- You are able to transition seamlessly between the print and digital worlds.
- You are collaborative. You expect change. You put the team first.
- You naturally mentor, guide and provide support for team members, inspiring others to do the best work of their lives.
For this role, you should have:
- 10+ years of experience as a photo editor or art buyer in the commercial and/or editorial industry
- Fluency in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Extensive experience with archiving digital assets
- Ability and willingness to travel for productions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.