Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Perform vehicle, system and component level validation testing for Powertrain (in lab environment)
- Develop test methods for electric Powertrain products
- Develop instrumentation and data acquisition setups, assuring quality results
- Participate in the hardware definition and development of Powertrain Test systems fixtures
- Support other Rivian teams in the generation of Rivian Test Standards, providing technical input on test setups and validation plans
- Define drive unit and gearbox test profiles and, support the implementation of the test profiles into automated test scripts, with supporting controls engineers
- Analyze test data, write test reports and sign-off for publication
- Direct script writers to automate test data processing and reporting
- Assist with test scheduling
- Be a technical point of contact for E-axle testing expertise for other areas of Rivian
- Troubleshoot testing issues with bespoke test beds and devices under test
- Work with external test sites to support testing activities
- BS in Engineering with minimum 10+ years of relevant experience, or other tertiary, technical qualification and at least 15 years of relevant experience required
- Fundamental understanding of electric powertrains and their testing and validation
- Experience in testing or developing of electric axles and drivetrains
- Experience with the design, construction, implementation, and validation of electric powertrain test equipment
- Demonstrated experience in data analysis and scripting for automated data analysis tools such as NI DIAdem, and CONCERTO is preferred
- A thorough knowledge of automotive CAN communication, including the ability to create .DBC or FIBEX CAN database files
- Experience in configuration, development and maintenance of AVL PUMA and EMCON test system is preferred
- Experience in configuration, development and maintenance of other dynamometer controls systems such as REPS, STARS/SPARC, etc., may substitute for experience with PUMA and EMCON.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
- Ability to work autonomously
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.