Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Maintains a high-quality relationship with the production managers regarding their production schedules, and the support required for machinery, potential new capital requirements.
- Works with the Body Shop Manager to identify and implement processes, equipment and functional improvements to achieve operational excellence.
- Performs and teaches all processes and assignments within the body shop with the ability to fill in as needed.
- Support and participate in pilot programs and model change activities.
- Provides input and support for material replenishment process
- Builds and maintains relationships with team leaders and team members.
- Trains, develops, and evaluates employees.
- Plans and establishes body shop team agenda and ensures performance scheduling.
- Monitoring and control of capital and expense spending.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of the body shop team leaders
- Ensure the highest level of team member and team leader training to support the operating plans.
- Responsible for the safety of employees and that all production equipment is in safe operating condition in conjunction with the safety committee and EH&S manager
- Determine team member activity including recommendation of hiring, firing, performance, wage and salary reviews
- May perform other duties as assigned.
This is what you’ll need:
- CMMS software setup, use, coaching and training.
- Expanded knowledge of PLC’s, Installation and Programming.
- Kaizen / continuous improvement process experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Engineering or Technical Bachelor Degree Preferred.
- 5+ years of high-volume manufacturing body shop experience.
- 3+ years in manufacturing body shop supervision.
- A combination of education and experience.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Manufacturing Body Shop
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.