Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Responsible for overall dimensional quality of body during production
- Support new model development through program milestones
- Review CMM / scan reports of various stampings, extrusions, and castings
- Make adjustments alongside maintenance and production to assembly fixtures and tooling to correct dimensional variances in final products
- Understand BIW structure and how part dimensional variances impact overall assembly
- Hands on production support at machines or with parts on the floor
- Work closely with closures area to ensure proper flush and gap for doors, hoods, fenders, and other closures
- Work with general assembly to understand dimensional issues at downstream customer
- Work with inhouse stamping as well as suppliers to understand dimensional variances with supplied parts
- Work closely with metrology and quality to use check fixtures, part coordination fixtures, scanning equipment, to coordinate part moves
This is what you’ll need:
- Ability to read and understand CMM & Scan reports is a must
- Strong mechanical skills or background
- Experience with Catia V5/V6
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong excel and office skills
- Experience with GD&T
- APQP experience
- Strong process skills, ability to comprehend a wide variety of manufacturing processes
- Strong data management skills
- Strong communication skills to varying groups
- Engineering degree or related experience
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Manufacturing Engineering
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.