Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Develop and implement an overall Rivian Durability process that is aligned with the generic platform/product development timing and gateway deliverables and integrates standards, analytical and physical engineering tools, standardized reporting ensure robust durability of Rivian products that meet customer expectations
- Lead the definition of the vehicle durability targets for each project, seeking agreement from the chief engineer and program director
- Foster collaboration with cross functional teams to implement new technologies such as HSRC and VirtualPGs to speed development
- Definition of the mechanical durability (Body, Chassis and Propulsion) duty cycles at a vehicle, system and component level:
- Define project standard reference duty cycle including mileage, maneuvers, and environmental conditions
- Define and execute vehicle level accelerated duty cycle, including definition of abuse loads at a vehicle level
- Program manage all teams involved to ensure the integrated durability validation plan is executed
- Correlate the duty cycles with customer usage data
- Work with the EPC team define the overall battery degradation targets
- Define project reference duty cycle, considering vehicle climatic requirements and overall energy and thermal control strategies
- Ensure degradation is in line with customer expectation and vehicle performance can still be achieved at the design end of life
- Work with second life teams to ensure batteries can be utilized, and implement appropriate BMS strategies to understand cell life at a pack level
- Ensure robust correlation of cell life using simulation and testing tools
- Definition, management, and approval of standards related to durability and reliability; implement lessons learned internally and externally into durability standards and processes
- Work with test and development teams, define road load acquisition process to ensure robust loads collection and analysis for cascade and correlation
- Define program-agnostic test methods and profiles (block cycle, random vibration, road simulation, etc) for the physical validation of components, systems, and vehicles.
- Grow a team to leverage MBD modelling to build a robust loads cascade model and process
- Build, train, develop and lead a team of world class talent
- Minimum 15 years experience in automotive product development durability
- Experienced automotive leader of direct and indirect teams
- Understanding of advanced technologies, such as HSRC
- Experience in testing of components, systems and vehicles (road simulation and over-the-road)
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of customer correlation
- Good knowledge of vehicle proving grounds and facilities in North America
- Previous experience in product development with focus on vehicle durability
- Strong leadership behaviors
- Proven track record of ability to define, manage and delivered system level attributes
- Degree Qualified in relevant engineering, or product design
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.