Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As a Sr Product Manager for Fleet Vehicle Health and Diagnostics you will be responsible for leveraging integrated vehicle health management (IVHM) and advanced diagnostics technologies to optimize fleet operations, preventative maintenance, repairs and roadside assistance. You will work across reliability, NVH, diagnostics, prognostics, battery & powertrain vehicle subsystems and the digital product team to build an integrated vehicle health management system that lowers our customers’ total cost of ownership and increases their uptime. This unique opportunity leverages Rivian’s full stack approach to vehicle development and will span many groups and many functions. Not only will you enable functionality for our initial customers, but you will also help Rivian build world class capabilities that prepare us to scale in order to meet their global needs. This technology and product suite will eventually span B2B and B2C products at Rivian along with other physical assets like charging and energy storage. This is a high impact role with meaningful cross-functional visibility that will produce front end products, cloud analytics, software running onboard the physical assets and a process & system for internal functions to collaborate with the goal of empowering fleet operating performance.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work cross functionally with vehicle software, digital software, vehicle systems, vehicle services operations team, vehicle services product team and end customers to design & build integrated vehicle health management at Rivian
- Function as product owner for diagnostics spanning internal tools, vehicle manufacturing diagnostic tests and contribution to the larger vehicle health effort
- Work with large and emergent customers that have complex fleet operations needs and high expectations
- Work closely with our engineering, design and business teams to write user stories, define product requirements, set product roadmaps and drive product execution
- Mange and groom backlogs, build and communicate roadmaps, ensure high value products & features get built and deployed internally & externally
- Come up with the strategy - evaluate build vs buy vs partner – evangelize the vehicle health plan and mission across the enterprise and to customers
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 7+ years of experience in digital product management in SaaS, mobility or consumer technology verticals
- Domain expertise in automotive/aerospace/industrial, vehicle health, vehicle services, fleet vehicles, connected vehicles, electric propulsion & energy storage and IoT a plus
- Experience managing and launching digital products functioning as a scrum product owner
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically while identifying and prioritizing efforts in an open-ended and wide reaching vehicle health effort
- Ability to work with technical teams, translate their needs to product requirements and influence, manage & align their roadmaps with enterprise goals
- User centric product development approach with demonstrated ability to quickly iterate on product features based on large data sets and customer insights
- Comfort working with development teams through periods of rapid growth and scale
- Track record of succeeding in matrixed organizations and collaborating with stakeholders from multiple domains to execute aggressive timelines
- History of working through ambiguity and devising clean sheet solutions in markets that go from 0 to 1
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working closely with UX/UI design teams to realize beautiful, cutting edge products
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Fleet Services Product Management
Location: Palo Alto, CA or Vancouver, BC
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.