Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this position you will work as a local leader who knows how to influence and shape culture of operations. You are comfortable working with a wide variety of stakeholders, influencing incredible teams as a conduit of support and fostering inter-department communications for sustainability, safety, and environmental matters. In addition, the position supports and drives continuous improvement while working with team members to identify solutions to EHS challenges.
· Ensure compliance with applicable workplace safety regulations.
· Understands, and influences, human behaviors to reduce workplace risks.
· Effectively teach others to assess risk, identify hazards, and implement appropriate controls.
· Identifying and minimize Environmental, Health, and Safety risks and communicate critical tasks, as required, to essential business units.
· Perform job duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines.
· Complies with all company policies and procedures.
· Understands federal and state occupational safety and health regulations.
· Inspect workplaces to evaluate operational effectiveness and ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations.
· Ability to manage Air Permits, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP), Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures (SPCC) and RCRA waste characterizing.
· Identify risk and issue corrective actions, as needed.
· Keep up to date on process changes.
· Support personnel in selection of appropriate personal protective equipment.
· Assist in completing risk assessments.
·Conduct safety training, as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Engineering, Psychology or Marketing.
• 5+ years EHS work experience with Research & Development, Laboratory, or Manufacturing operations.
• Has directly managed personnel.
• Proficient knowledge of safety and environmental regulations.
• Able to understand complex regulations and be able to communicate requirements to groups with diverse interests and backgrounds.
• Familiarity with data and root cause analysis techniques.
• Understanding of incident and injury prevention programs.
• Experience implementing, training, and maintaining safety programs such as Lock Out, Machine Guarding, Hazard Communication, High Voltage Electrical and Ergonomic Assessments.
• Ability to work varied hours (emergencies, projects) with occasional travel (domestic), required.
• Must be self-motivated.
• Must be organized and have knowledge of regulatory record keeping requirements.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-cultural, team-oriented environment.
• Proficient skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
• OSHA 30-Hour General Industry certification is preferred.
• Asks Why. Curious.
• Incredible interpersonal skills, including the ability to influence others that do not report to you.
• Great communication skills with a wide variety of personnel from various cultural backgrounds.
• Proficient with Excel, Microsoft Office products
• Adaptable and willing to learn in a fast-paced environment
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.