Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Wireless Certification Engineer will be responsible for understanding technical requirements of the Rivian products and developing a plan for all required certifications, including but not limited to, FCC/CE/ISED/RED, CTIA/PTCRB/GCF/WFA/BT SIG, and management operator approvals (AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, Vodafone, Orange, and others). The right candidate will be a partner to cross-functional teams and ensure product design confirms to global standards. You should be able to determine technical requirements and communicate effectively and efficiently with all teams. You should be familiar with the overall certification process. You will be the point of contact and bridge between our internal development teams and labs, regulatory bodies, and carriers, while working with the certification test team.Responsibilities
- Define certification test requirements and validate test reports for accuracy, and prepare all technical documentation
- Lead certification and carrier requirement across development team, test labs
- Plan, Schedule and Manage NRTLs for achieving product compliance
- Collaborate and Debug certification and compliance issues with cross-functional teams to achieve product compliance partners/suppliers
- Provide certification and compliance status to all stakeholders
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to achieve product compliance
- BS/BA degree in Engineering
- 5 years of experience with PTCRB/GCF/WFA/BT SIG certification
- 5 years of experience with carrier certification
- Familiar with cellular, Wi-Fi, BT, and NFC technologies and standards like 3GPP
- Compliance certification experience to: EN 61000-3 & -4 series, EN 61000-6-x, CISPR 11,32 and 35, FCC parts 15, 22, 24 and 27, EN 301 908, EN 301 511, EN 300 440, EN 301 893, EN 300 328, ICES 003, and EN 301 489, and Functional safety EMI standards, and regulatory approvals and voluntary certification activities including, UL (safety), RF/EMC (FCC) , Materials (RoHS)
- Project/program management a plus
- Work experience in automotive industry
- Experience with the regulatory processes
- Ability and experience coordinating team member from multiple disciples to complete required documentation
- Excellent communicator of requirements, critical path, and schedules
- Carrier approvals and technical acceptance process (e.g. Verizon)
- Understanding of 5G, UWB, Radar technologies
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.