Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Primary contact to represent Thermal System Group in the Rivian’s Production Manufacturing location.
- Support all aspects of Thermal Systems issues related with design, assembly, or quality.
- Work with component owners to review / complete, all process assembly documentation (PAD) and ensure assembly sequences are followed in plant.
- Support failure analysis activities throughout launch and production life.
- Participate in meetings with cross functional teams (plant quality, manufacturing engineering) to represent Thermal group.
- Participate in technical discussions to assure issue’s containment up to resolution.
- Collect, maintain, and report out on a range of product assembly Thermal Issues.
- Track all reported issues from plant and ensure they are communicated to component owners within Thermal system or cross functions areas.
- Using problem solving tools and techniques, trouble shoot all thermal systems issues with the manufacturing team.
- Lead Thermal Systems cost reduction initiatives related to assembly.
- Coordinate and execute, in plant, design change, trials and reworks related to thermal management system.
- Ensure any rework instructions and reworks are completed in house at the production location.
- Coordinate supplier visits at the plant to ensure any activities that require supplier intervention for build issues are completed with supplier in house.
- Coordinate thermal component’s reception and actions for trials, analysis of issues or engineering changes.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of automotive work experience in one or more areas like: engineering design, release, vehicle testing or manufacturing plants (OEM or Tier1).
- Knowledge of manufacturing process, and design changes.
- Support failure analysis activities throughout production life.
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills with a bias for action and issue resolution.
- Ability to understand how the different powertrain components and thermal systems are interdependent.
- Understanding of hardware design and failure modes.
- Understanding of engineering theory and principles of operation of mechanical/electrical mechanisms.
- Understanding of thermal systems fundamentals and operation.
- Understanding of vehicle electrical architectures and components.
- Understanding of end of line plant testing.
- Familiar with BoM, CATIA, GD&T, DFMEA and DVP&R
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings and electrical diagrams.
- Skilled with the use of a variety of hand and portable tools.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to navigate between fine details and big picture for problem resolution.
- Knowledge of requirements for vehicle performance and testing (durability, NVH, vehicle dynamics, thermal, aerodynamics).
- ~10% Domestic Travel.
- Used to fast paced environment.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.