Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Make a critical impact as you work with plant operations and manufacturing leaders and team members, drive continuous improvements and meet and exceed quality, cost and other goals.
- Leverage your strong training and mentorship skills to manage and develop teams while also driving process improvements and serving as a change manager where needed.
- Enjoy a welcoming atmosphere, ongoing challenges, and opportunities to learn and expand your skills.
- Have the autonomy to make key contributions combined with the support of other managers.
- Enjoy competitive compensation, bonus opportunity and comprehensive benefits.
- Have opportunities to take on additional responsibilities and/or pursue advancement in our global organization.
- Ensuring the assembly of quality products at or below budgeted production costs to meet marketplace demand.
- Developing departmental plans and priorities.
- Leveraging your Lean Six Sigma and analytical skills to identify gaps and implement process improvements.
- Supporting managers and supervisors.
- Helping to manage and develop teams.
- Team/department performance results.
- Manpower requirements and balancing in Plastics Shop and coordination with other departments.
- Manage human and material resources to meet production targets and KPI’s.
- Meeting daily quality goals set by KPI’s.
- Ensures shop floor organization, production, safety, and department 5’s.
- Proactively and regularly develops and manages team member’s performance and capabilities, based upon company KPI’s.
- Provides leadership and training to accomplish plant/company goals and objectives.
this is what you’ll need:
- 7-10 years working experience in Manufacturing environment (preferably Automotive).
- 5+ years Manufacturing Supervisory Experience (preferably automotive).
- Must have good understanding of manufacturing procedures and practices.
- Experience with lean manufacturing.
- Process and detail oriented.
- Understanding of labor budgets, KPI's, and efficiency reporting.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to coach and mentor.
- Extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Experience developing departmental plans and priorities.
- Ability to control resources and policy formation.
- Computer literacy including MS Office Suite programs.
- Problem solving experience – 8D method.
- Manufacturing/assembly process experience.
- Kaizen / continuous improvement process experience.
- 6 Sigma greenbelt or blackbelt desired.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- A four-year degree preferred.
- Specialized knowledge and strong experience in manufacturing operations, Experience in a high-mix, high-volume environment is highly preferred.
- Experience providing leadership to managers, supervisors and/or professional staff.
- Knowledge of and experience with Lean Six Sigma and continuous improvement. Certification is an advantage.
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Manufacturing Plastics Shop
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.