Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Summary: Oversee the design and development supplier collaborated user input electronics from start to finish including switchgear, switching modules and power ports accessories.
- Work cross functionally to package components considering aspects of fit, finish and serviceability.
- Work alongside user experience and studio teams to incorporate positive brand image while ensuring manufacturing feasibility
- Develop clear specifications to be used in development with suppliers
- Develop DVP and internal test plans related to performance at component and vehicle level.
- Manage internal resources, interface with suppliers, and collaborate with all Rivian organizations.
- Support design, sourcing, prototyping, testing, and manufacturing activities.
- Research, establish, and achieve targets for performance, quality, cost, investment, and weight.
- Coordinate supplier meetings, track, investigate and resolve issues related to design.
- Maintain EBOMs and manage data releases in accordance with program milestones and targets.
- B.S. or higher in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years of experience on switchgear electronics
- Experience designing A-Surface components
- Knowledge of validation requirements related to electromechanical components including low power circuits, painted parts and moving components.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with a high level of integrity
- Ability to self-direct and adapt quickly to program changes.
- Working knowledge of regulatory and certification requirements.
- Experience self-managing issues to closure involving all necessary teams.
- Experience with writing component specifications
- A good working knowledge of GD&T.
- Ability to understand electrical topology and circuit diagrams.
- Be able to work independently, under your own initiative.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.