Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Software Product Manager of Charging Network Operations will build digital products for managing Rivian’s charging network. This includes end user tools for network operations control center monitoring, charger installation, issue resolution, and maintenance.
You will drive software engineering project teams to achieve customer/business strategies and multiple concurrent initiatives, ranging from concepts in ideation to launching into production. You will also need exceptional ability to work with and influence diverse functional teams.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Document customer journeys to help inform the product requirements
- Develop multiple roadmaps for charging software products (backend systems, front end applications and interfaces, internal systems and tools, and more)
- Develop product requirements that align with Rivian product roadmap and strategy
- Support systems design, development, release and continuous improvement for charging software initiatives
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to develop product requirements and specifications
- Manage project execution and roll out strategy
- Report and consult with senior management on features strategic direction
- Act as voice of the customer in product development and execution
- Develop hands-on, in-depth knowledge of competitive software offerings and maintain technical analysis of competitive strengths and weaknesses
- Coordinate beta testing of new products and features. Document and report problems and recommend solutions/improvements to stakeholders
- Conduct user research to scope and prioritize product initiative
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 5+ years of experience in digital product management
- Proficiency with EV charging operations or energy domain knowledge strongly desired
- Experience delivering software using Agile processes and tools
- Depth and breadth of knowledge across multiple software engineering disciplines: restful services, data modeling, distributed design orchestration, and API’s
- Customer first approach with a relentless passion to improve the charging experience through great useable solutions
- Highly resourceful and proactive. Comfort working in an environment of ambiguity and devising clean sheet solutions in markets that go from 0 to 1
- Strong track record of delivering quality projects on time and on budget
- Strong track record of succeeding in matrixed organizations and collaborating with stakeholders from multiple domains
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Background in a technical field, operations, consulting and/or hyper-growth companies a plus
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Charging & Energy Storage
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.