Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Product Manager, Software will drive customer requirements into engineering to achieve customer/business strategies and multiple concurrent initiatives, ranging from concepts in ideation to launching into production. You will also need exceptional ability to work with and influence diverse functional teams.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Document customer journeys to help inform the product requirements
- Develop multiple roadmaps for charging software products (backend systems, front end applications and interfaces, internal systems and tools, 3rd party integrations, and more)
- Develop product requirements that align with Rivian product roadmap and strategy
- Support systems design, development, release and continuous improvement for energy and charging software initiatives
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to develop product requirements and specifications
- Develop and track KPIs that measure the products usability, quality, and robustness
- Manage project execution and roll out strategy
- Together with senior management define strategic direction and product scope
- Act as voice of the customer in product development and execution
- Develop hands-on, in-depth knowledge of competitive software offerings and maintain technical analysis of competitive strengths and weaknesses
- Coordinate beta testing of new products and features. Document and report problems and recommend solutions/improvements to stakeholders
- Conduct user research to scope and prioritize product initiative
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 5+ years of experience in digital product management and launches across SaaS, mobility or consumer tech. verticals
- Knowledge and understanding of EV charging and energy storage technology strongly desired
- Experience in developing, releasing and sustaining Customer Experience Roadmaps
- Deep knowledge in Product Development and Project/Program Management
- Customer first approach with a relentless passion to improve the charging experience through great useable solutions
- Have depth and breadth of knowledge across multiple software engineering disciplines: restful services, data modeling, distributed design orchestration, and API’s
- Proven history of converting learnings from complex data sets into useful product features that customers love
- Experience working closely with the UX/UI design team to realize beautiful, cutting edge designs
- Comfort building platforms that integrate across multiple 3rd party providers and ecosystems
- History of working through ambiguity and devising clean sheet solutions in markets that go from 0 to 1
- Ability to articulate a product vision and rally resources to build it
- Be highly capable at working with development teams through periods of rapid growth and scale
- Track record of succeeding in matrixed organizations and collaborating with stakeholders from multiple domains to execute aggressive timelines
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Charging and Energy Solutions
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.