Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Rivian Service Operations Team is a dynamic group that ensures every Rivian driver receives premium service anytime vehicle maintenance or repair needs arise. We provide premium, seamless, and convenient solutions via our network of Rivian owned service centers, mobile service vehicles, and network of service parts.
We are always looking for top talent - customer-centric professionals in a broad variety of roles to help us continuously develop and improve the quality and range of our service and products. The Service Operations Team at Rivian encompasses critical components of vehicle service such as service engineering, collision repair, service parts, programs & operations, technical support, field teams, and remanufacturing.
Rivian Service Operations is seeking a Program Manager for Mobile Service to help forward the goals of the broader team. At Rivian, we believe that the best service is one that the customer does not need to think about and strive to complete the majority of repairs using Mobile Service, which is performing repairs at the customer’s vehicle’s location rather than having them come to us.
As a Program Manager of Mobile Service Operations, you will help ensure that the business optimizes impact through sound operations and planning, and that Mobile Service is built to scale and enables the best service experience for our customers. This role will require exceptional cross functional interaction, a dynamic and resourceful leader with a sharp attention to detail, and experience in taking an analytical approach to problem solving. Additionally, this Program Manager must be flexible, dependable, organized, proactive in initiating continuous improvement and have an ability to prioritize strategically. This role will require creativity, superb communication skills and will focus on building a scalable Mobile Service program using a quantitative and qualitative approach.
- Create and maintain project roadmaps and track execution while ensuring that all supporting teams are in alignment
- Develop an analytics based coverage plan and strategy for completing service appointments in remote areas accounting for vehicle distribution, staffing, and compliance.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional partners, such as Parts Distribution, Field Service Teams, Partnerships and Technology, to build a support network that will be used to execute mobile appointments completed in remote areas
- Identify the need for, create, and implement policies as they relate to Mobile Operations with alignment and support from internal stakeholders
- Manage mobile service vehicle fleet to ensure creation and implementation of processes, standards, and monitoring of the fleet using internal and external tools
- 3-5+ years’ experience in project management
- Ability to work independently with limited general supervision and prioritize competing demands
- Passion for working in a complex, fast-paced organization, and desire to own and refine key operational processes
- Proven track record of executing multiple complex projects simultaneously from start to finish
- Experience defining program requirements and using data-driven insights to determine improvements, priority, and path forward
- Agile with an ability to re-prioritize as the business requires and execute effectively
- Strong communication skills – clear, precise, and to the point with an ability to speak clearly. Listens and asks for clarification as needed, responds well to questions
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, open to equivalent work experience in Operations or related field
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Ability to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.