Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Our ideal candidate has focused experience in the engineering space, focusing on any, and as many as possible of the following areas: automotive product development, product lifecycle management, manufacturing engineering, software and advanced driver assistance systems engineering. In this position the Sr L&D Specialist will develop content, facilitate ENG onboarding, as well as help upkeep our ENG learning library. The Sr L&D Specialist should be passionate about Rivian and the opportunity to help other people learn and grow. This role will help our company succeed by creating solutions that minimize the time to impact for the Engineers we have joining Rivian, thus enabling us to design, build and deliver vehicles that keep the world adventurous forever.
- Formulate, develop, and implement an effective and scalable training program for new hire onboarding, on-the-job training and systems/tools training aligned to Rivian’s engineering and quality requirements
- Create and conduct ENG new hire onboarding and ensure it is constantly updated to reflect recent changes to products, processes and systems
- Constantly seek to further refine and expand upon the Engineering training library
- Provide recommendations regarding problems/needs, effectiveness of training resources, and implementation of new or modified programs, courses, curricula, training resources, lesson plans, materials, and visual aids
- Build strong stakeholder relationships and partnerships within Engineering and other cross functional teams including quality, the broader learning & talent team, manufacturing and operations
- Identify areas for training and development needs within Engineering and partner to bring solutions to the team
- Identify best practices and plan/implement them into the Engineering training program
- Evaluate, create, organize, and execute learning strategies/programs based on stakeholder groups’ development needs
- 5+ years of experience with proven success in similar role
- Knowledge and subject matter expertise in learning and development, preferable to have experience in engineering and/or technical/product training learning and development, (bonus points for automotive engineering)
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Proven track record of operating independently, demonstrating creativity, and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with adult learning principles, theories, concepts and development technologies or modalities, practical experience and application of training development models
- Ability to design, develop and deliver training solutions including eLearning courses/curriculym, videos, job aids, and instructor-led sessions (both virtual and in person)
- Experience and ability to facilitate high impact training both virtually and in person
- Ability to analyze logically and prioritize effectively (focus on what you can control)
- Ability to manage a design project end to end and manage stakeholders and SME’s accordingly
- Ability to meet aggressive timelines for deliverables, with accuracy, quality and attention to detail
- Clear and concise verbal and presentation skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.