Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Emergency Preparedness Coordinator will be responsible to support building out the Emergency Preparedness Program as part of the Rivian Emergency Management Program. The role will be responsible to coordinate the program activities and provide direction in line with Security strategy, and risk management initiatives. The role is key in establishing a proactive, consultative, and service orientated culture for Security at Rivian. In this role, the successful candidate will lead training and preparation efforts including drills, for potential disaster scenarios.
- Support the establishment of the Security Emergency Preparedness Program, through evaluating external vendors, and recommending and developing appropriate strategies for preparedness, response and recovery.
- Grow and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders to develop Security risk mitigating strategies.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to support the existing and future Security program.
- Support development and delivery of security awareness activities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners on crisis response and management, emergency coordination, and business information and intelligence. This is a highly visible role, requiring the ability to work effectively with teams across the organization.
- Provide support to business partners during emergency events, disruptions and manage the escalation and communication to leadership.
- Support a cross-organizational crisis management team in situations when the GSOC or SOC activates in an Incident Command (IC) role.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Extensive security industry or related experience. Demonstrated experience designing, building out and leading an Emergency Management program including a GSOC & Emergency Preparedness programs.
- CPP, PSP or equivalent certifications are a plus.
- A positive attitude and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated analytic and critical thinking skills.
- Integrity and professionalism.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Office 365).
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as operational needs dictate and be able to travel.
- A service-oriented personality, self-motivated, confident, energetic, and flexible.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.