Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Join the fastest growing Finance team in the automotive industry to drive efficiency and effectiveness of the financial planning/budgeting and monthly accrual processes
- Establish close working relationships with business owners to support decision making and budgetary reviews
- Reduce ambiguity and provide visibility in context of hyper-growth with financial reporting and variance analysis
- Forecast error tracking
- Balance sheet and Cash flow forecast
- Financial reports and investor reporting package building
- Debt model building and maintenance
- Support financial planning system implementation, design, and maintenance
- Supervise and train finance interns
- Conduct scenario and ad-hoc analyses and deliver timely recommendations
- Industry and economic trends research and investment analyses
- Support for Accounting, Strategic Financial Planning, and occasionally Indirect Procurement as needed
THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED:
- Education/Experience preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business and 4 years of corporate finance experience (preferably at venture-backed startups) OR
- MBA degree with CFA, FRM, and/or CPA or foreign accountancy equivalent
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills; ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team and influence/drive change across functional and business boundaries
- Intellectual curiosity to drive the detailed understanding business performance, decision making, and communication
- Effective communication, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills required
- Strong financial modeling (e.g., Excel power user), spreadsheet, and presentation skills
- Strong project management, planning, and organization skills, including ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Continuous improvement attitude; ambition to suggest and implement best practices
- MS Access / SQL / Workday Adaptive Planning skills are a huge plus
- Extremely detail orientated
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
- Department: Financial Planning & Analysis
- Location: Plymouth, MI, Palo Alto, CA, or Irvine, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.