Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Be curious, solve problems, implement new methods and make amazing products
- Lead team of durability loads collection and analysis engineers
- Develop and implement methodologies and techniques for loads collection, analysis and cascade
- Support product development with loads target setting, accelerated durability test creations, component block cycle creation, etc.
- Interface with Multi-Body-Dynamics modelling team to establish toolset and method/process for robust loads cascading
- Collaborate with Reliability team to collect and analyze customer use data to refine and develop durability cycles
- Perform analysis with ADAMS, nCode or similar to perform loads calculations for full vehicle, body, chassis, propulsion, suspension systems and components
- Lead team to collect road loads and correlate with customer use profiles/data
- Define and execute component, system and vehicle load data collection
- Collaborate with a cross functional team to implement new technologies like HSRC and VirtualPG to speed development time
- Maintain central loads database for each program
- Build/grow team as required to support future programs
- Interface with durability test team to correlate models and cascaded loads
- Bachelor of Science, engineering with 8 years experience in durability and/or loads analysis
- Familiarity with MSC ADAMS for loads cascade and full vehicle dynamic modelling
- Expert proficiency with nCode for data analysis
- Experience defining load data collection and analysis to reduce test data to block cycles, random vibration, etc for component testing
- Strong leadership characteristics and experience leading a diverse team of engineers with varying experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience and understand of durability testing (vehicle and component)
- Willing to travel up to 10% to witness/observe testing as required
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.