Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Support the development and production of a new stationary energy storage platform
- Lead thermal system component development through production release
- Interface with suppliers and other Rivian systems to develop robust design across a wide variety of platform applications
- Ensure components meet all functional requirements and applicable design standards
- Actively support the organization to resolve packaging and system integration issues
- Hold responsibility in ensuring on-time part release, tool kick-off, and part delivery
- Generate and hold regular reviews on product documentation, including requirements analyses, specifications, FMEA, and DVP&R’s
- Create and sign-off on component drawings, including GD&T evaluation
- Support mass and cost-saving activities at the component and system level
- Hold regular reviews to assess program status and resolve issues
- Maintain and release BOMs in the company wide PLM system
- Support manufacturing, internal and contract, for prototype and production builds
This is what you’ll need:
- Thermal system design and integration experience in support of production program(s) with a strong emphasis on fluid distribution design
- Experience with cooling equipment selection, sizing and specification
- Full understanding of component design and release process, including APQP and PPAP
- Requirements definition and supplier management experience
- Experience authoring DFMEAs and DVPs
- CAD proficiency, CATIA V6 preferred
- Experience with stationary storage or electric vehicle cooling systems is a plus
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role
- At least a Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering, Physics or other relevant discipline
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Stationary Energy Storage
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.