Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Build, correlate and maintain occupant safety CAE models related to FMVSS-201/208/214 regulations, component and system level
- Build CAE models for interior components if these models aren’t provided by suppliers
- Integrate interior component models such as restraints/seats/cockpit/header/trim/carpet into the systems model
- Verify proper behavior of each sub-component model within the CAE system
- Ensure proper model organization, model robustness and efficient model run time
- Analyze and optimize systems performance for compliance with regulations
- Develop counter measures for compliance with FMVSS-201/208/214
- Work closely with the component/part owning DREs and all relevant cross-functional team members to ensure that design recommendations are being implemented into CAD
- Correlate FMVSS-201/208/214 CAE models to component level and full system level tests incl. full vehicle level tests
- Engage directly with component suppliers in case model revisions are required to achieve performance targets
- Work closely with Rivian’s safety testing group by ensuring that the test-setup reflects the directions from CAE and that the data needed for model correlation is being collected
- Generate reports and performance summaries for presentations in front of Rivian’s senior management
- Update and maintain Rivian’s test specifications with regards to global interior head impact regulations
- This role reports to the Sr. Manager of Vehicle Safety Integration
- MS in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering required
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 or higher preferred
- 8 years of experience with LS-Dyna automotive safety component and system level CAE modeling
- Proficiency with the common pre- and post-processing tools (Primer, LS-PrePost, Hyperworks)
- A strong understanding of the global Interior Head Impact regulations
- A good understanding of FMVSS-208/214
- Experience with interior head impact physical testing
- Experience with CAE model correlation, on component and system level
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.