Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Ensure a positive experience for employees by responding to inquiries and providing day-to-day support on People Team-related policies and programs
- Use case management system to interact with employees to track cases for trends and ensure proper documentation
- Help drive the content on processes and initiatives introduced by the People Team for the Open Access (self-service) knowledge base
- Assists and encourage employees to make effective use of Open Access (i.e. Self-service), knowledge management, case management tool and any other People systems available to them in order to drive rapid resolution
- Collaborate with the broader People Operations team, People Team COEs (Total Rewards, Recruiting, Talent Development), and the Business Partners and People partners to provide feedback and support
- Partner with People Team, IT, Facilities, and other cross-functional partners to ensure the onboarding and offboarding processes are delivering the right employee experience
- Responsible for escalation of issues in a timely manner to ensure an effective employee experience while remaining engaged in resolving the issue
- Ensure that all critical administrative transactions, like the I-9 or background check process, are accurate and handled in a timely and compliant manner
- Provide exceptional service to questions and issues received from employees
- Help maintain and audit employee personnel files
- Provide support to overall People Team initiatives when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business Administration preferred
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in an HR support role, preferably in a shared services environment
- General knowledge of HR functional areas and workflows
- Experience with Workday and SharePoint is preferred
- Experience with Remedy, Jira, ServiceNow, or similar case management systems strongly preferred
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality with sensitive data and conversations, and effectively work with employees at all levels of the company
- Must be able to learn and apply quickly, as well as to dispense/share knowledge in a team environment
- Exceptional customer services skills
- Attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, professional, global business environment is a plus
- Must be self-motivated, demonstrate initiative, and able to work independently.
- Must be able to prioritize, deliver on deadlines, problem solve, and multi-task
- High proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and ability to research, compile, and present information and data
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.