Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Responsible for vehicle integration and sensor calibrations for front-, side-, rear-, pedestrian-impact, and roll-over calibration
- Development of sensor system to meet Rivian internal targets, adhere to global regulation standards, NHTSA US-NCAP, and Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS)
- Implemented test plan with Safety and Test development groups, to align testing activity with program milestones
- Travel to test facilities will be required to conduct vehicle level tests, and the recording of sensor data for RCM supplier calibration development
- Work closely with the RCM design and release engineer and the body team for RCM and sensor packaging locations that are optimized for deployment performance
- Work closely with Rivian’s occupant safety team on sensor deployment times for occupant performance objectives
- Interface with RCM supplier on development of sensor calibration
- Work on the next generation crash sensor systems using radar and camera systems
- Bachelor of Mechanical/Electrical/ or Automotive Engineering required
- Minimum of 2 years of sensing system development experience
- Experience with data processing tools like Diadem/Hypergraph, Meta or others
- Ability to travel domestically within the US
- Experience working in cross-functional teams and ability to influence design based on analysis and test results
- Knowledge of data acquisition systems and sensors
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.