Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian’s Connectivity software team is responsible for connecting our vehicles and products to web, cloud and personal devices using a combination of Cellular, GPS, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, UWB and NFC technologies. The team is chartered to develop full software stack that enables syncing rich data between vehicles and cloud.
As a Software Engineering Manager in Connectivity SW team, you are primarily responsible for shipping high-quality software on time for multiple programs. In this role you will
- Fully own the in-vehicle software stack responsible for cloud connectivity, in-vehicle software update engine, in-vehicle machine learning models for analytics and privacy
- Lead SW development teams responsible for vehicle-to-cloud, OTA, and data analytics
- Drive software architecture, design, and code reviews with cross-functional teams in an open and collaborative manner instilling best software engineering practices
- Plan, create and maintain complex software schedules for multiple programs, product lines and geographic locations
- Collaborate with program managers, technical leads, and cross-functional teams in defining roadmaps
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders – hardware, software, test, and vendors in identifying dependencies and effectively removing bottlenecks
- Anticipate and identify risks; develop actionable mitigation strategies positioning the team for success
- Provide strong leadership by reframing problems when the team is faced with ambiguity, obstacles/deadlocks and steer them towards solving prioritized problems
- Expertly manage stakeholder expectations for both technical and non-technical issues
- Monitor industry trends and practices and prepare teams to adapt to cutting-edge technologies that suit automotive applications
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or other related technical fields
- 10+ years of experience leading software development teams with 5+ years of direct experience launching software products/solutions as an individual contributor or technical lead
- 5+ years of C/C++ software development experience of cloud-facing embedded systems or networked products
- Excellent critical thinking and experienced in managing trade-offs
- Strong technical knowledge of software architectures for Linux based embedded systems
- Extensive knowledgeable about web, protocols, networking data security and privacy
- Proven leader who can take full ownership with proactive attitude
- Excellent communication, organization, and collaborative skills
- Passionate about building strong software teams, developing modern connected systems for automotive applications
- 2-3 years of experience with AI/ML techniques that are relevant to harnessing vast automotive data set
- Prior experience taking wireless software or consumer electronic products from concept to customer releases
- Good working knowledge of one or more of these wireless technologies - LTE, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Ethernet, or GPS
- Prior experience with IoT, automotive, telematics or fleet management products or connected services
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.