Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
We are looking for an experienced and naturally curious Senior Packaging Designer to lead the development and implementation of our visual brand system across a diverse range of packaging products. With a focus on environmental stewardship and sustainability, your work will effortlessly highlight the products over the packaging while maintaining a premium consumer experience. Your eagerness to collaborate and seek out experimental solutions to challenging design problems will make you the go-to creative resource for Rivian’s packaging systems.
This Is What You'll Do:
- Develop the visual system of our brand through the design of our packaging portfolio, considering form, function, materials and the consumer experience.
- Design elevated packaging experiences for a diverse range of products across Rivian’s business, delivering an impactful brand touchpoint for our consumers.
- Lead the design process for packaging design, including brainstorming, sketching and creating prototypes, working through multiple iterations of packaging solutions based on feedback from stakeholders and collaborators.
- Work collaboratively with Packaging Engineers and cross-functional teams to ensure a harmonious relationship between structure, visual design, and budget.
- Collaborate closely with vendors to ensure execution of design and production.
The Kind of Designer You Are:
- Your work is of high quality and has range. You are not a “single look” designer. You adapt to the problem. One size doesn’t fit all.
- You are tuned-in to all things packaging and are constantly analyzing market trends
- You seek to understand people and use design to help them.
- You have an eye for excellence in detail and in beauty.
- You create design work daily and share constantly. You are tenacious and work iteratively. You enjoy the design process.
- You don’t carry a big ego.
- You ask why a lot.
- You have an organized working style, calm demeanor and the ability to quickly and simply deconstruct complex problems.
- You're connected with the wider creative community and in touch with trends while relying on your best ideas.
- You are collaborative. You expect change. You put the team first.
- No job is beneath you. You enjoy getting your hands dirty.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.