Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
What you’ll do:
Working closely with the Brand Strategy and Content teams, you will create and manage Rivian’s social content in both short and long form. This includes but is not limited to building and distributing Rivian content across Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Medium, YouTube, Vimeo, and the Rivian blog, among others, with a focus on content planning and strategy, calendar management, and ongoing engagement with each platform’s own distinct audience.
Description of the perfect candidate:
- You love social media and are aware of current and upcoming trends that are unique to each platform.
- You are naturally inclined to buck against said trends and innovate in fun and lasting ways.
- You are aware of cultural and behavioral trends and love exploring the worlds of design, fashion, music, technology, activism, and the arts.
- You understand the importance of an integrated social media strategy and know how to build and authentically engage with a growing audience.
- You have an eye for good imagery as well as good design and are adept at working with video, stills, and graphic elements.
- You like to write, and you understand the variations in voice needed for both short- and longform posts.
- You are organized, you like to look ahead and build long-lead calendars, and you can also pivot to meet tight deadlines.
- You are collaborative. You expect change. You put the team first.
- You naturally mentor, guide and provide support for team members, inspiring others to do the best work of their lives.
For this role, you should have:
- 7-10+ years of experience preferred as a social content manager for a global brand, including back-end management of content across multiple platforms
- Fluency in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Extensive experience with archiving digital assets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.