Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Work with leadership to build, and own Rivian’s Integrated Operations System (RIOS) across the organization. Be the “Expert” and drive principles of Lean, Continuous Improvement, Leadership, and Six-Sigma in a way that is unique to Rivian and biased towards growth and innovation. This is not your traditional cost-cut role!
• Build and lead a team of specialists that can be experts in RIOS and are capable of leading, coaching, and doing across the organization, with a bias towards action and effectiveness.
• Create a Global platform, capability & support across the organization from corporate to field and factory.
• Partner with Program management teams to ensure complimentary toolkits exist and are being used effectively across Rivian’s Operations portfolio of work.
• Develop a trail-guide curriculum for employees to engage with RIOS and become experts in their field. Partner with Learning and Development on a certification program.
• Help to create a “culture of metrics” through ROX through campaigns across Operations and Corporate, auditing and improving as necessary.
• Leverage technology to enable Rivian to further work smarter, allowing more focused effort on the “harder.”
• Create adoption and be the organizational resource for Rivian to “Zoom Out” and problem solve in any arena.
• Attract, train, develop and retain top level talent for respective team.
• Seniority based on years of industry experience in a field related to Automotive, Mobility, Strategy, New Ventures, Engineering, Operations, or Customer Experience (Retail, Service). Target 10+ for senior role.
• Bachelor’s degree required in Technical (Engineering, Math, Science) or Business. Non-degreed candidates will be evaluated that can demonstrate exceptional backgrounds and ability to do the job.
• Experience leading indirect or direct teams through programs, org structure, or ongoing operations. Preference to candidates who have lead teams of PM’s.
• Certifications in Project Management Methodology, Lean, and Six-Sigma (Green Belt Minimum) required.
• Ability to break down a problem into first principles, understand flow, and identify a more effective way.
• Entrepreneurial, Growth and Innovation mindset. This is not a cost-cutting role.
• Breadth of exposure and demonstrated understanding of multiple company functions and how they connect. Ex: Engineering, Manufacturing, Facilities. Retail and Service. Finance.
• Demonstrated ability to solve ambiguous, cross-functional problems and set execution plans.
• Highly motivated, self-starter and constructive team-player.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.