Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
You will be a critical member of the Prototype and Special Projects Team and, while reporting to the Shop Manager, you will work in partnership with and support our entire department. The team you are joining is responsible for engineering, design and build of advanced concept properties, prototypes, mules, show vehicles, and other projects. The Team is also responsible for supporting public relations, marketing and internal events where these early development vehicles are utilized. As the Shop Project Manger you will support the Prototype and Special Projects build shop to maintain timelines, balance work loads and deliver quality builds on time. You will utilize JIRA to track work requests, support the Shop Manager for work allocation and interface with the team to ensure all projects are clearly understood and delivered
As a part of the shop you will be responsible to maintain an efficient and effective flow of the shop to support a wide variety of builds and shop needs. This role is in Irvine, CA and will require some travel as well as support of the shop team in Plymouth, MI.
- Work closely with the Prototype & Special Projects Engineering and Shop Manager
- Support shop manager and team in tracking timeline and progress of shop tasks
- Coordinate technician or mechanic support with other departments for mechanical tasks where the Team can help
- Coordinate with Shop Manager and Shop Leads for technician build support availability – including in regards to worksite or office location
- Support time tracking, time card review and sign off for hourly shop employees in support of Shop Manager
- Communicate build status to internal Department leads
- Lead meetings to gather and disseminate information on projects, as necessary
- Evaluate project scope and timeline against shop resources, and develop resource plan
- Support all shop build events as required
- Be a conduit for communication between the shop and the engineering team
- Track functional requirements and alignment against build plan
- Must be proficient in JIRA to track all shop activity and resource planning
- Work in JIRA to track tasks, conduct resource planning and drive on time completion of all work
- Recommend vendors, materials and processes to improve department quality and efficiency
- Champion overall organization of the shop
- Utilize your understanding of production, prototyping, and fabrication process and the time, cost, and quality tradeoffs to support the function and growth of the team
- Need to be organized and flexible to changing scope and project priority changed
- Knowledgeable in automotive components and their function within a vehicle
- Open mindset and eager attitude to solve problems
- Must be proficient in JIRA
- An understanding of production, prototyping, and fabrication process and the time, cost, and quality tradeoffs
- Prior project/program management experience a plus but not required
- Needs to be flexible to working hour, travel and daily project changes
- The ability to learn, think creatively, solve problems, and work hard
- Needs to be able to listen and motivate and push the team hard when required
- Travel Requirements of Position
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.