Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Support the Rivian’s Factory Continuous Improvement team by building and tracking digital tools and analytics that help drive the Rivian Integrated Operating System. Work with Department and Factory leadership to build reporting capability tied to a portfolio of Metric Boards, and Continuous Improvement Boards, and Continuous Improvement scorecards.
• Balance running the tools, with creating self-service tools for leadership. This is a leading/doing role.
• Identify trends in the data and work with Factory and Continuous Improvement Leadership to influence metrics and goals that better drive performance across shops.
• Research and continually improve our Factory Intelligence capability, leveraging Industry 4.0 where able.
• Work with corporate Centers of Excellence to continually improve the RIOS toolkit and share knowledge.
• Create user-guides and own the training content for every report and tool that you build – and train teams.
• Represent all stakeholders in Rivian in tackling problems, not people.
• Seniority based on years of industry experience in a field related to Automotive, Mobility, Strategy, New Ventures, Engineering, Operations, or Customer Experience (Retail, Service).
• Bachelor’s degree required in Technical (Engineering, Math, Science) or Business. Non-degreed candidates will be evaluated that can demonstrate exceptional backgrounds and ability to do the job.
• Hands-on product management and data-science/visualization experience required.
• Familiarity with data structures using SAP, Rockwell MES, and other factory software required.
• Ability to break down a problem into first-principles, understand flow, and identify a more effective way.
• Entrepreneurial, Growth and Innovation mindset. This is not a cost-cutting role.
• Breadth of exposure and demonstrated understanding of multiple company functions and how they connect. Ex: Engineering, Manufacturing, Facilities. Retail and Service. Finance. You don’t need to be a domain expert, but rather a domain connector.
• Demonstrated ability to solve ambiguous, cross-functional problems and set execution plans.
• Highly motivated, self-starter and constructive team-player.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.