Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Senior Specialist – Instructional Designer will enhance EHS learning content and work with business leaders to identify creative solutions with Rivian’s blended learning approach. In addition, the position will provide compliance support to our current and potential locations. This position drives continuous improvement by working with business leaders to train and identify solutions for all employees.
• Using ADDIE method, design engaging web-based courses for adult learners
• Partner with Subject Matter Experts to identify goals, audience, and objectives
• Create course outlines, storyboards, and scripts that meet learning objectives
• Write task-based assessment questions that measure objectives
• Organize course materials in a learning hierarchy enabling objectives
• Identify content delivery strategies that provide the best learning experience
• Collaborate to promote innovative approaches and enhance productivity
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, especially with problem solving and relationship building
• Own the entire project from beginning to end, flexing as needed within the fast-paced environment and shifting priorities
• Conduct routine evaluations of all Rivian sites and surrounding areas to make improvements to overall safety and environmental programs.
• Help build Standard Operating Procedures and training programs for content owned by EHS support function.
• Perform job duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines, the ability to deliver content international, is required .
• Complies with all company policies and procedures.
• Recommend corrective actions, and lead teams to completion, as needed.
• Understands federal and state occupational safety and health regulations and monitors regulatory changes as they occur.
• Follow all aspects of the site Environmental, Health and Safety Policy as it pertains to normal job duties.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Ability to manage change to ensure safety and environmental compliance.
• Able to travel to various locations.
• Bachelor’s degree in EHS, Education, Communications, or people-oriented field
• six (6) years of experience performing professional level administrative duties
• Experience developing online training and performance improvement materials
• Experience with e-Learning authoring tools such as Captivate, Articulate, or similar
• Experience with graphic design and working with multiple medias, preferred.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Self-management and multi-tasking skills
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Experience maintaining or updating course material within an LMS preferred
• Experience building and maintaining a course asset database
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite development software a plus
• Candidates are expected to provide a portfolio of their work
• Ability to analyze and evaluate pertinent federal, state, and local laws, codes, and regulations.
• Experience with California regulations preferred.
• Must be self-motivated with great communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-cultural, team-oriented environment.
• Proficient skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
• Ability to market effectively.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.