Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Propulsion Supervisor position is accountable for a team of Quality team members executing daily inspections and containment on products and internal processes. This position is to lead, plan, organize and coordinate the overall daily activities of the Quality Team Members and to monitor/control the quality of products/processes, as well as, identify and contain defective material within their area of the plant. Continually set an example of “Always improving” in their work. Areas of responsibility include sub-assembly areas of battery systems, drive unit, and charging systems. This position requires the ability to work with cross-functional teams to resolve product/process issues. In addition to being a key influencer for the creation of a positive quality culture, this position requires deep understanding of the automotive quality and problem-solving tools in order to build and develop a team of highly effective quality team members.
• Develop and monitor solid internal process capability.
• Responsible for product and process validation and inspection plans.
• Develop and deliver focused quality training on various topics.
• Accountable for accurately documenting and tracking issues within Rivian Concern Register
• Accountable for execution of quality related continuous improvement projects.
• Act as key organizer of all manufacturing quality reviews for propulsion.
• Monitor, present, and develop action plans for internal plant quality performance metrics
• Set goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with company’s plans and vision.
• Organize workflow and ensure that employees understand their duties and delegated tasks.
• Monitor employee productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching.
• Ensure adherence to legal and company policies and procedures and undertake disciplinary actions if the need arises.
• Execute direct report performance reviews and decide reward / promotion based on results.
• Review and approve direct report time/attendance, travel, and other expenses.
Qualifications - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Engineering, Quality, Business, or Technical Bachelor-Degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 5+ year’s experience in manufacturing environment
• Technical team supervisory skills and manpower reports.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Creation and implementation of inspection plans and quality control measures.
• Demonstrated metric systems skills (shop floor visualization thru board steering methods).
• 8D or similar method problem solving experience.
• Manufacturing/assembly process experience.
• Metrology equipment knowledge.
• Statistical process control / control charts knowledge.
• Good electronic communication software skills (MS Office, email, etc.).
• 6 Sigma greenbelt desired.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.