Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Develop and execute vehicle integration plans related to ADAS & Self-Driving related sub-system integration while keeping track of overall program milestones and delivery objectives
- Lead all efforts related to integration including overall vehicle build, commissioning/bring-up of various sensor & actuator systems, and developmental testing on prototype and production vehicle platforms
- Collaborate cross-functionally with electrical, mechanical and software development & validation teams across the organization to ensure vehicle platforms are functional and robust to support further development & validation activities
- Identify, document and highlight cross-functional gaps and dependencies - proactively work towards creative solutions to resolve integration issues and ensure vehicle functionality
- Deep-dive into vehicle log data and source code if required to root-cause system-level issues and facilitate rapid issue resolution in collaboration with domain experts
- Support systems engineering activities including development and functional testing in coordination with various vehicle-level systems such as Powertrain, Chassis, Body and HMI systems
- Support preliminary functional verification of ADAS-related SW releases on various test vehicle platforms -prior to hand-off to development & validation teams
- Support internal teams with preliminary integration of new technologies
- Must be willing to travel domestically to participate in vehicle testing
- B.S+ in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field
- Experience with automotive vehicle systems or similar applications
- Strong understanding of dependencies between various electrical & mechanical systems - experience with systems engineering / automotive network architecture / vehicle integration
- Strong working knowledge of automotive electrical systems and communication protocols (CAN, Flexray, Ethernet) and relevant debug tools
- Hands-on experience debugging complex systems that involve multiple ECUs with interfaces to various vehicle sub-systems
- Strong understanding of automotive hardware and software concepts and development processes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment -proactively collaborate cross-functionally with other teams to solve vehicle-level integration problems
- Strong understanding of vehicle safety concepts and testing-related safety procedures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally up to 50%
- Clean driving record - experience driving prototype test-vehicles in test-tracks
- Experience with Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) or Self-Driving Software
- Experience with mechanical integration of systems and packaging
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.