Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is seeking a Project Coordinator on the Facilities Design team - a team that conceptualizes, designs and builds all physical touchpoints of Rivian’s brand. Project Coordinators work hand-in-hand with the design team and Design Project Managers in establishing programs and processes that help elevate design practices, bring fluidity between cross-functional teams, and provide a solid foundation for the design team to work more efficiently and effectively. We want someone who is detailed-oriented, problem solver, and a critical thinker who enjoys working in a fast-paced, start-up culture.
- Prepare financial reports and spreadsheets to analyze, summarize, and forecast budgets
- Ensure that project expenses are invoiced correctly and if not, research and provide reasons for discrepancies
- Monitor the performance and efficiency of budgets to ensure that project is on target
- Establish or optimize existing processes to reduce error rates and efficiency
- Support teams in maintaining and the developing procedures for budget administration, invoice approval, and project close-out
- Lead and coordinate business development efforts with architectural and engineering consultants. Identify new consultants through project qualification processes, conduct request for proposals, work with purchasing to prepare master service agreements and competitive bid analysis.
- Review change order requests. Determine any impacts to budget and schedule.
- Review and comment on submitted documents including but not limited to zoning approvals and building permits and approvals
- Build a strong understanding of the studio's core needs. Assist in identifying and developing simple, scalable solutions and processes that bridge gaps and elevate the design team
- Assist in writing playbooks that outline business procedural steps, programmatic learnings, or project standards
- Support communication between project team, vendors, contractors, consultants, and building and permitting officials
- 3-5 years of project or program management experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in architecture or design is strongly preferred
- Passion for process and an eye for detail
- A high-level of confidence and professionalism, ability to foster teamwork, and build business relationships
- Experience with the entire project life cycle from concept through post-occupancy
- Strong organizational and communication skills with an ability to juggle multiple projects
- A self-starter who can identify problems and solve for them with minimal oversight
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects while working under tight deadlines
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.