Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this position, you will lead a team of engineers building best in class electrical prototypes and proof of concept solutions for a variety of different applications from component level to complex systems.
- Lead a team of electrical and controls engineers and technicians to ensure a harmonious implementation of world-class low and high voltage electronic solutions.
- Oversee and provide technical insights into the prototyping activities for the electrical systems across the vehicle.
- Work cross-functionally with Special Projects teams as well as other business units to ensure robust solutions.
- Build out the Special Projects Electrical organization, identifying key skills desired for the team.
- Defining system architecture and scoping integration strategies for a variety of different automotive focused projects.
- Be ready to assist in other projects beyond scope of the electronics team.
- BS or higher in Electrical Engineering or similar preferred.
- 5+ years in electrical system design and execution required, 10+ years preferred.
- 2+ years of technical leadership.Demonstrated experience of successfully leading and training less experienced engineers.
- A strong set of first principals in electrical systems, including but not limited to PCB Design & Diagnostics, Low & High Voltage Wiring, Harnessing, and Controls.
- Proficiency in common programming languages, such as C, C++, & Python.
- Familiarity with vehicle communications systems, such as CAN, LIN, ETH, SPI, I2C, Serial, or others a plus.
- Familiarity with Vector and/or Peak CAN based diagnostic tools a plus.
- Familiarity with CAD tools, such as Mentorgraphics, CATIA, Altium, KiCad, or others a plus.
- An ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects under time constraints.
- Comfortable with zooming out to prioritize projects based on program milestones.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with a wide audience of project stakeholders.
- A team first mentality to ensure smooth communication and operation.
- Innate curiosity into all things automotive electronics.
- Willing to think beyond what is, focusing on what could be.
- Willing to work long hours, late nights, or weekends depending on needed program or project support.
- Travel Requirements of Position
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.