Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Applying cost optimization techniques in a global multi-account enterprise AWS environment
- Using AWS Cost Explorer and Cost and Usage Reporting to identify patterns and optimization opportunities
- Using AWS Cost Categories and Cost Allocation tags to track usage
- Using AWS Savings Plans and Reserved Instances
- Using pro-active problem-solving to develop novel optimization strategies
- Using lifecycle strategies in S3 to manage object storage costs
- Analyzing workloads to determine the cost optimized configuration of file storage in EFS, FSx and EBS while also meeting performance requirements
- Implementing solutions in CloudFormation and CDK
- Development experience AWS SDK in Python using boto3
- Maintaining projects in Git
- Developing, maintaining, and managing advanced reporting, analytics, dashboards in Tableau
This is what you’ll need:
- 3+ years experience utilizing AWS which must include Cost Explorer, Cost Categories, Cost Allocation Tags, CloudFormation, Lambda, EC2, RDS, Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, SNS, SQS, and Route53
- 3+ years experience using Python and Git with agile and gitflow principals
- 2+ years of software architecture experience · Strong understanding of AWS Pricing and Cost Optimization
- Bachelor's degree is strongly desired
- AWS Professional and Specialty Certifications are preferred
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Location: Irvine, CA or Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.