Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Analyze cost data and apply cost optimization techniques in a global multi-account enterprise AWS environment
- Work with AWS Enterprise contacts and various business unit internal stakeholders to assess costs and pricing efficiencies
- Use AWS Cost Explorer and Cost and Usage Reporting to identify patterns and optimization opportunities
- Use AWS Cost Categories and Cost Allocation tags to track usage
- Use AWS Savings Plans and Reserved strategies to measure and improve cost efficiencies
- Use pro-active problem-solving to develop novel cost optimization strategies
- Use lifecycle strategies in S3 to manage object storage costs
- Analyze workloads to determine the cost optimized configuration of file storage in EFS, FSx and EBS while also meeting performance requirements
- Implement solutions in CloudFormation and CDK
- Development experience with AWS SDK in Python using boto3
- Develop, maintain, and manage advanced reporting, analytics, dashboards in Tableau
- Develop positive relationships with business stakeholders involved in pricing solutions and processes
This is what you’ll need:
- 4+ years of experience utilizing AWS which must include exposure to Cost Explorer, Cost Categories, Cost Allocation Tags, CloudFormation, Lambda, EC2, RDS, Lambda, DynamoDB, S3, SNS, SQS, and Route53
- 3+ years software development experience using Python and Git with agile and git-flow principles
- Solid understanding of modern software architecture components especially in AWS products lines.
- Strong understanding of various AWS Pricing and Cost Optimization strategies
- Strong multi-tasking, coordination abilities and detail oriented with handling financial data
- Ability to develop, propose and coordinate with business stakeholders on AWS costs and pricing solutions
- Bachelor's degree is strongly desired
- AWS Professional and Specialty Certifications are preferred
This is where you’ll work:
Department: IT Infrastructure and Enterprise Applications
Location: Palo Alto, CA or Irvine, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.