Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian’s Data Platform team is responsible for ingesting data at scale from our vehicles and charger infrastructure to the cloud. Perform stream processing and streaming analytics on the incoming data and store them in purpose-built data stores to run further queries. The team supports both low latency requests (including for customers such as service & diagnostics teams, mobile apps, vehicle engineering team, reporting teams and others) and analytical queries (for data scientist and data engineering users). The platform team also builds distributed data processing pipelines for aggregations, summarizations, anomaly detections for different datasets and manage a catalog. As a Sr. Staff Technical Program Manager, you will lead execution of both internal and external customer facing programs and projects from initiation to launch and drive the planning and implementation. You will write project plans, working with internal and external partners of the company to create, organize and execute on the plans. You will also be responsible for reporting across the organization, comfortable working through ambiguity and work with stakeholders ensuring alignment on the goals at hand.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Drive complex projects from concept to launch, articulating processes to help team succeed including not only managing risks but predicting them
· Coordinate with internal and external teams to develop project plans, goals and milestones for empowering our customers to access Rivian’s products and services across multiple channels
· Track milestones, progress, dependencies and issues closely while communicating effectively to leadership and stakeholders
· Help teams get to the project finish line collaboratively
· Raise the bar in the organization by being a role model in identifying issues, owning and implementing improvements proactively
· Lead multiple projects simultaneously effectively managing prioritization of time, resource and scope
· Institute effective program management processes, tools and best practices to bring efficiency and support collaboration.
· Mentor teams on effective program management and technical skills when needed.
· Lead project or program reviews, leadership reviews and hiring efforts in the organization.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· At least 10+ years of experience in consumer facing product development
· At least 6+ years of program management experience
· Background in Computer Science or Engineering
· Experience in rapidly growing businesses that have expanded globally
· Experience in cross functional collaboration and taking products from concept to market
· Superior organizational skills
· A genuine love of brands that are focused on positive impact
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Data Platform
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.