Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This person will work closely with the Prototype Shop Manager and the prototype shop team to deliver Prototype projects on-time with the highest level of quality.
- Work with designer and engineers to determine surfacing and fabrication details for prototype projects
- Ability to fabricate and surface parts and body with a variety of different materials (body filler, primer, composite, plastics, etc)
- Ability to apply primer and paint on a variety of surfaces
- Ability properly adjust gaps and highlight body surfaces according to design specifications
- Ability to properly fit / align parts and panels according to design specifications
- Ability to fabricate brackets for interior and exterior panels
- Critical thinking skills to devise solutions to new problems
- Work with Shop Manager to determine build schedule
- Build and Maintain work instructions for prototype vehicle assembly and retrofit projects
- Build and assemble Prototype vehicles
- Clean and organized worker to maintain overall shop cleanliness and organization
- Maintain parts and materials inventory
- Ability to work in a team environment and willing to help others
- Willing to travel at weeks at a time to support special projects
- 7+ years of show car building, surfacing, and fabrication work experience in the automotive industry.
- Valid driver license with clean record
- Strong automotive mechanical understanding
- Strong technical and mechanical ability.
- Strong surfacing and hard modeling skills
- Strong communication, multitasking, & inter-personal skills.
- Computer skills a plus (MS Office, Outlook, etc)
- Travel Requirements of Position
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.