Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Manage a team of Test Engineers responsible for developing custom test equipment used for testing both on-vehicle power electronic components and off-vehicle battery charging products.
- Manage a team of Test Technicians responsible for conducting tests of on-vehicle power electronic components and off-vehicle battery charging products.
- Management responsibilities includes all personnel functions, staffing, and providing technical guidance on complex or unique problems.
- Identify training requirements and communicate to engineering/program leads.
- Oversee installation of new facility equipment, working with vendors to ensure that it is done on-time and correctly.
- Maintain all test equipment, arranging for preventative maintenance, calibration, and repair as needed.
- Understand testing efforts and scope by analyzing the requirements of the development team’s validation plan.
- Develop and execute a plan to achieve needed testing on timeframes required by validation team, program team, and other stakeholders.
- Estimate and obtain management support for the time, resources and budget required to develop custom test equipment and support testing.
- Provide forecasting of test load factors to identify potential resource shortfalls. Provide options for outsourcing or load management to achieve all goals on-time.
- Arrange the hardware and software required for test setups.
- Organize status meetings and report out on (daily, weekly etc.) basis to engineering team.
- Escalate issues about project execution (software, hardware, resources) to Project Manager / Engineering Leadership.
- Ensure content and structure of all testing documents / artifacts are documented and maintained as per standards defined by the organization.
- Review test reports prepared by Test Engineers and Technicians.
- Track and prepare test activity reports which would include items like test results, test case coverage, required resources, and identified defects.
This is what you’ll need:
- S. in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Minimum 10 years of experience required in managing highly effective test operations.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience designing test equipment for high voltage power electronics.
- Expertise in the following areas: electronic test equipment design, environmental testing, automotive testing & validation processes, instrumentation, test controls software, test facilities, facilities support, maintenance and operation of equipment.
- Programming ability in LabVIEW is a plus.
- The ability to work effectively in a cross functional group setting, including essential technical guidance to support senior management.
- Must have the ability to deliver succinct written and verbal communication and make timely decisions.
- Must be highly motivated and able to manage multiple assignments concurrently with limited supervision, while driving day-to-day operations.
- Experience in working effectively with hourly employees in a product development environment.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.