Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Operational Technology (OT) Cybersecurity Engineer is a hands-on technical role which plays a pivotal role in shaping the overall cybersecurity posture for our critical manufacturing processes.
- You will be the onsite OT Cybersecurity Engineer for our Normal, Illinois manufacturing facility
- You will be responsible for the various cybersecurity aspects of our OT assets, including PLCs, HMIs, Robots, MES, and other Equipment Under Control
- Operate and manage our OT cybersecurity sensor stack; tune and investigate alerts
- 5+ years of cybersecurity experience in any technical hands-on discipline
- Firm understanding of malicious cyber actor tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Experience designing, deploying, and managing cybersecurity network tools/controls
- Experience designing, deploying, and managing cybersecurity endpoint tools/controls
- Experience with incident response process and investigating/handling cybersecurity incidents
- Experience hardening network and endpoint devices
- Ideal candidate will have some exposure/experience securing OT, ICS, or FRCS, but not required
- Self-starter who is comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment
- Eager to learn the ins and outs of this highly specialized field within cybersecurity
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong technical communication skills (written and verbal)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.