Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop optical solutions and strategy to achieve interior illumination requirements
- Support Development of illumination requirements and specifications
- Operate lighting simulation and physics realistic lighting rendering tools
- Operate hardware to collect environmental and surface characterization of parts
- Characterize and organize all interior surfaces for accurate optical representation in lighting simulation
- Support approval and summarization of interior lighting condition
- Champion fundamental design and first principle thinking in the Interior system and across the vehicle
- Work closely with support functions such as studio and supply chain
- Work within a matrix organization whilst delivering towards project-based goals set by the program management team
- Exhibit “Rivian Compass” in everything you do
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 10+ years of experience developing optical solutions
- System approach to design and development with the desire and curiosity to strive for continuous improvement
- Deep understanding of your commodity and the tradeoffs among design, package, function, production build and customer experience involved with these systems
- Deep understanding of the first principles / engineering fundamentals that drive the requirements of interior systems
- Eagerness to work cross-functionally in a dynamic environment where you are part of a team – working outside commodity and sharing models as required to support the changing needs of an evolving environment
- High capability with interior optical simulation and ray tracing hardware and software
- Ability to use Catia V6 and Enovia for design analysis
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.