Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Validation Lab Technician
- Functional acceptance testing of circuit board assemblies and electronic units following defined test procedures.
- Ability to setup and utilize standard test equipment such as oscilloscopes, power analyzers, power supplies and digital multimeters with no direction.
- Troubleshoot, root cause and document electronic functional failures.
- Perform circuit board electronic modifications such as component rework, soldering/ de-soldering of electronic components, etc.
- Understand how to read electrical schematics, drawings and use manufacturers’ product data sheets.
- Fabricate special test equipment supporting development and validation testing of automotive electronic components.
- Conduct environmental & electrical testing (thermal, vibration, climatic, corrosion).
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Able to move/lift heavy boxes fixtures.
- Technical degree in electronics or related field.
- 2+ years of electronics technician experience.
- Experience fabricating special test equipment such as fixtures, test boxes and test harnesses.
- Experience with power tools and mechanical tools.
- Experience with soldering & circuit board re-work.
- Experience with prototype and fabrication shop processes.
- Experience with environmental testing. (thermal, vibration, climatic, corrosion).
- Experience with electrical testing and equipment. (Voltage variations, Jump start, etc) (Sig Gen, DMM, DAS, etc).
- Familiarity with automated test equipment such as fixtures and test boxes.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment.
- Willing to work flexible hours and passionate about getting jobs done.
- Hands-on approach: Proactively identifies and fills in gaps where needed.
- Able to navigate ambiguity
- Perform other duties as assign.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.