Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop trusted relationships with business leaders at Rivian responsible for global commercial sales and marketing of Rivian vehicles, service and dealership operations, charging and energy products, and other services to analyze the impact of legal, compliance, counter-party and other risks in contractual agreements, terms and conditions, disclosures, process flows, and the customer experience journey.
- Act as the primary legal resource for Rivian service operations, fleet sales, and charging and energy storage products and services.
- Build out a team of legal professionals to support Rivian’s service, fleet, and charging and energy businesses globally.
- Work with internal clients in software design and engineering to ensure Rivian's software and third party partnerships comply with relevant legal requirements related to interactions with Rivian's commercial customers.
- Draft, review, negotiate, and interpret a variety of commercial agreements, with a focus on strategic partnerships and third party services required to support aligned business areas.
- Work closely with internal clients and senior members of the legal team on local licensing and regulations, fraud prevention, payments compliance, privacy, and data security.
- Manage and support proactive development of legal and regulatory resources to support Rivian's growing commercial footprint, including development of training materials, knowledge repositories, policies, processes, and guidelines.
- Provide accurate and timely advice to internal clients on range of commercial matters arising from various transactions and projects.
- Provide support for litigation, dispute resolution, and other matters as they arise.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- A minimum of 8 to 10 years of legal experience corporate in-house and/or large law firm with at least 5 years supporting nationwide vehicle service operations, or business to business digital sales or leasing transactions, and analogous areas.
- Experience with one or more of commercial vehicle sales or leasing, vehicle service operations, or charging and energy storage, strongly preferred.
- Strong leadership skills and business acumen.
- Excellent written and oral communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and with cross-functional clients.
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Department: Legal & IP
Location: Irvine, CA / Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.