Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Rivian Digital Technology Team develops and manages the revenue generating digital properties which link our customers to our physical services. We are developing a world-class e-commerce platform that will make learning about and purchasing electric adventure vehicles intuitive, seamless and fun. To that end, we are building, from scratch, a Vehicle Charging infrastructure that will allow our customers and owners to acquire charging resources for their vehicles. We are seeking highly passionate and customer focused Backend Software Engineers to design and build this platform. This is an incredible opportunity to envision, design and build this entire infrastructure from the ground up.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Partner closely with Product and Charging development team to provide solutions and recommendations – Ability to drive ambiguity out of requirements and articulate the broadly applicable solutions.
- Design, extend and review software architecture – Be hands-on and involved with every stage of product development life cycle.
- Develop state of the art code – Influence/Establish the software development culture of the team. Create standards and best practices for software engineering.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 2+ years of relevant industry experience, with 2+ years of building large scale enterprise grade systems.
- Experience building micro-services at scale which can handle millions of transactions/second in cloud environment – AWS/GCP/AZURE (at least one of them)
- Meticulous around visibility of the systems you build – centralized logging, tracking
- Experience developing API’s with the care they deserve – REST with OpenAPI, Swagger
- In-depth knowledge of Web protocols, experience with AWS, Java/Kotlin/Spring-Boot/Python, Kubernates, Kafka and related tools like Jenkins, CI/CD, BitBucket
- Strong computer science foundation including data structures, algorithms and design patterns with a proven track record of software design
- Experience and familiarity with cloud native deployment practices – specifically containers and container orchestration platforms
- Knowledge of IoT device management highly desired
- Knowledge of OCPP, OCPI, and ISO 15118 Plug & Charge standards highly desired
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.