Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Conceptual design development, detailed design, and production release of Body Structures, Closures, Interior and Exterior Parts.
- Lead the coordination of geometry progression within a system.
- Create CAD surfaces and solids, GD&T, and fastening design using Catia V6.
- Manage system, subsystem, and component information in the Enovia PLM and Catia V6 environment.
- Ensure all geometric requirements for milestone delivery are analyzed and met.
- Enable effective communications with Studio, Packaging, Advanced Engineering, Manufacturing, and Supplier activities to deliver optimal design solutions.
- Be a champion of innovative design across the vehicle and collaboration across company activities.
- Support and champion the development of best practices for design and engineering.
- Preferred B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- 5 plus years of experience designing one or more of the following commodities: Body Structures, Closures, Interior Trim or Exterior Trim.
- Experience with Body Structures, Closures, Interior Trim or Exterior Trim systems including component manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Applied experience in the automotive design and development process, system requirements, and engineering best practices.
- Excellent understanding of GD&T standards.
- Experience in the production part release process.
- High level of expertise and proficiency with Catia, Enovia, or similar tools including drawing and modelling practices and methodologies.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications and other information management tools.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering, Certificate of Accomplishment from a recognized Design educational institution, or equivalent skills and expertise.
- An eagerness to work cross-functionally in a dynamic environment where you are part of a high performing team.
- A system approach to design and development with the desire and curiosity to strive for exceptional delivery execution and continuous improvement.
- Working Hours - Full time
- Travel Requirements of Position - None
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.