Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
The Information Technology org at Rivian is seeking a Data Engineer to join the Data Services team who can work with other technical resources on cross-functional team and align with business on requirements and implement scalable solutions on the AWS Cloud Data Platform which is a critical component of the enterprise data architecture and overall ecosystem.
In this role you will work with Supply Chain, Finance, Engineering and Manufacturing teams, Product Management, and Technology Partners to leverage best practices and reference architectures highlighting AWS Cloud Data Platform as a core technology enabling advanced analytics and data science throughout the company.
- Design and develop secure, scalable, high-performance and reliable (cost effective) big data and analytics solutions that enable tableau dashboards and reports for cross-functional teams and executives.
- Use Data & Analytics to answer business questions that leady to insights and actionable outcomes.
- Understand and deploy processes for: SDC, CI/CD, quality checks, error handling, error notifications, security, extensibility and maintainability of big data and analytics platform software and services
- Define templates and process for the analysis of data models, data flows, and integration patterns for structural deficiencies/soundness to build a robust and complete future state model
- Lead by example to review code, look for code issues, provide meaningful and relevant feedback to engineers, stay up to date with system changes and latest technologies
- Comfortably present and acquire consensus using multiple methods: Written diagrams and text, in-person meetings, in-person and remote presentations to both technical and business audiences
- Establish technical partnerships with data scientists/engineers, and product owners/managers through brainstorming sessions, design reviews, and retrospectives.
- Own the data management technical roadmap and execution aligning with peer platform organizations and product delivery, Ensure alignment with over-arching enterprise platform initiatives
- Spread the data culture across the company by enabling best practices, standards, governed processes and relevant technologies in the Data platforms.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to break down complex technical problems into simple elegant solutions understandable by non-technical business partners.
- 2-5 years of hands-on IT experience in Data Warehouse, ETL & Reporting. Extensive experience of executing multiple data warehouse projects in variety of business domain
- 3+ years of experience in understanding variety of complex business use cases and modelling the data in the data warehouse. Very strong understanding of core data warehouse concepts.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in productionizing and deploying Big Data platforms and applications, current experience working with: Relational/SQL, distributed columnar data stores/NoSQL databases.
- 3+ years of deep experience using S3, Python, SQL (Redshift) and Spark.
- Strong understanding of AWS Services like S3, Glue, Kinesis, Lambdas and Step functions.
- Strong experience in R or similar technologies with a background in data science a plus.
- Hands-on experience with Airflow, Alteryx and Tableau. (Certification is a plus)
- Familiarity with graph databases, timeseries databases, NiFi, Spark streaming, Kafka, Hive, Impala, Avro, and more is a plus.
- Strong understanding of Supply Chain and Financials business processes like Order Bookings, Invoicing/Billings, Forecasting, Demand Planning, Financial Planning. Purchasing, Payables, Manufacturing etc.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.