Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
You are an experienced automotive Technician. You are a critical thinker, an expeditor, and a problem solver. You love working with your hands and tools to get to the root of a problem and resolve it. You have a history of effectively collaborating with team members to integrate mechanical and electrical components, troubleshoot vehicle electrical issues. You do what it takes to get the job done.
- Perform diagnosis and repair of vehicles including prototypes and test bench setups electrical/mechanical/software
- Communicate directly with engineers and other technicians to ensure a high level of technical support
- Maintain detailed records of all work performed
- Maintain test equipment in operational condition by performing routine maintenance and making minor repairs/adjustments as needed
- Install instrumentation, test equipment, and other components in accordance with engineering specifications, standards, and/or test procedures
- Travel up to 25%
- 5+ years of technician / mechanic work experience in the automotive industry
- Automotive Technology/Technician Degree or equivalent experience
- Electric/hybrid vehicle experience preferred
- Valid driver license with clean record
- Strong automotive electrical understanding
- High Voltage electrical knowledge and training
- CAN/LIN network understanding
- Minor fabrication experience
- Strong technical and mechanical ability
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.