Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
In this role you will play a pivotal role in shaping the overall cyber security posture for Rivian. The Software Security Engineer will research the market, pilot technologies, implement, document and operationalize technologies supporting Rivian’s core mission, while leading the Implementation efforts in a wide range of cyber security projects.
- Work with engineering teams during design and development to align with company SDLC framework
- Perform cybersecurity assessments, including code reviews, architecture review, and threat modeling
- Configure and manage tools to support testing and compliance activities - i.e. SAST, DAST
- Build tools to assist in automation of testing and compliance activities
- 4-year degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field is strongly desired
- Minimum of 5 years of cybersecurity experience with a focus in software/application security
- Experience with establishing Secure SDLC processes and socializing secure coding behaviors
- Experience and proficiency in one or more programming languages and framework
- Experience working with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines
- Experience with configuration, customization, tuning, and integration of software security tools (i.e. SAST, DAST) within the DevOps pipeline
- Experience creating and operationalizing DevSecOps playbooks
- Experience with automating related processes, security checks, tests, etc.
- Self-starter who is comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think critically and explore new creative solutions
- Continual review and education on emerging trends and threats to enhance tooling and processes
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong technical communication skills (written and verbal)
- Loves what s/he does
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.