Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Specify product requirements to comply with NEC and building codes
- Calculate and specify cables and busbars according to voltage and current requirements
- Calculate and protection devices such as fuses, circuit breakers and switches
- Lead fault current analysis and conduct validation experiments
- Be the overall lead for protection coordination
- Design wiring and harnesses
- Design to NEC, UL and other regulatory electrical system requirements
- Ensure components meet all functional requirements and applicable design standards
- Develop test plans for electrical system components
- Participate in DFMEAs, test plan creation and risk assessments
This is what you’ll need:
- Licensed professional engineer
- Expert knowledge of NEC and relevant building codes
- Proficiency in electrical system simulation software such as Pspice, Multisim and ETAP
- Capable of independently verifying electrical designs through calculations and simulations
- Design experience with cable sizing, creepage and clearance and protection device sizing and selection
- Background knowledge on arc flash and short circuit calculations
- Power wiring harness design experience desired
- Experience designing and releasing parts and systems according to a new product introduction process that includes lifecycle management (Enovia PLM preferred), FMEAs, standards for drawings and defined milestones
- Experience designing to NEC, UL and other recognized standards
- Experience with solar PV and battery energy storage systems
- 5+ years industry experience
- At least a Masters degree in Electrical Engineering
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Stationary Energy Storage
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your job search or application for employment, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.