Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Lead system engineering for an energy product offering
- Lead the design review process
- Lead the systems design process to analyze energy system and end-user specifications to derive sub-system requirements and develop requirements specifications & requirements verification traceability
- Define and lead trade studies for new programs
- Ensure sub-systems integration and coordination
- Communicate with engineers to update/modify documentation to maintain accurate representation of deliverables; Use tracking tools such as Confluence and JIRA to capture changes
- Lead analysis of technical risks associated with various electrical and software solutions
- Single line modeling & analysis for the system all the way down to single components
- Support the development of test plans
This is what you’ll need:
- System engineering experience on large multi-disciplinary projects with a focus on inverters, DC-DC converters and EV charging systems
- Experience designing energy products that include energy storage and PV
- Experience with requirements management tools (Jama preferred) and agile project management and documentation tools (Jira and Confluence preferred)
- Experience working with high voltage systems and in a high voltage lab
- Holistic understanding of mechanical and electrical system and components interdependence
- 5+ years industry experience
- Masters degree in an engineering discipline
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Stationary Energy Storage
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.