Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
This is what you’ll do:
- Lead software and controls regulatory compliance projects with agencies and test labs including preparing and filing compliance documentation
- Develop and audit processes to comply with software development functional safety requirements as dicated by UL 1998 and other relevant standards
- Ensure software and test plans comply with UL 1998 and other relevant standards requirements
- Participate in design reviews and offer a regulatory compliance perspective
- Ensure regulatory requirements are accurately captured and cascaded in the company wide requirements management tool (Jama)
- Develop software and controls design validation plans to ensure system and sub-system regulatory compliance
- Review test testing and validation plan results and reports to verify product pre-compliance
- Develop templates to clarify and incorporate information needed for regulatory compliance
- Review product change requests to determine impact on product compliance status
- Establish relationship with regulatory agencies, test labs and participate in relevant standards committees and conferences
- Monitor the status of stationary energy storage and grid interconnected power conversion regulations and keep the broader team informed
- Build and execute on a roadmap to develop certified witness testing capabilities in Rivian labs
- Support system engineering where needed on product definition, requirements definition and requirements flow down
This is what you’ll need:
- Software and Controls regulatory compliance experience with related products and industries, preferably battery energy storage for stationary applications
- Functional safety experience including software product design and process design and implementation
- Experience reading and interpreting standards in a compliance or engineering role
- Technical expertise in battery storage systems or power electronics software and controls desired
- A self-driven self-starter that can execute with minimal oversight
- Strong inter-personal and communications skills
- 5+ years industry experience in a regulatory compliance role or a design role with significant regulatory compliance responsibilities
- At least a Bachelors degree in Engineering
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Stationary Energy Storage
Location: Irvine, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.