Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
- Dedicated to 1-2 departments but may cover multiple if on a 2nd or 3rd shift
- Executes tasks for workplan implementation (i.e. issues locks, installs ergo matting, places signs, etc)
- Performs regulatory inspections/checks in Gensuite as assigned
- Generate daily EHS messages (except WWT Operator and HW Tech) as assigned and distribute to Team/Group Leaders to cover at start up meetings
- Responds to events as they occur and act to their level of training
- Escalates issues/events as necessary for appropriate action to be taken
- Attends start of shift meetings
- Take on task based work such as hot work permitting, signage placement, inventories, etc
- May participate on a working group
- Wastewater Treatment Operator and Hazardous Waste Technician will have specific daily activities to run the WWT plant or coordinate TWM work
- Must have excellent organizational, analytical, and administrative skills
- Detail oriented team player
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Accountability and dependability
- Possess ethics and integrity
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Adept at collecting and maintaining health, safety and environmental data
- Ability to build productive relationships with all levels of management
- Highly proficient communicator, both written and verbal
- Possess technical knowledge of health, safety and environmental topics
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.